Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services Secretary Moyer Leaving
Acting Secretary to be Named in Coming Days
TOWSON, MD (March 7, 2019) — Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services Secretary Stephen T. Moyer will be departing the Hogan administration at the end of the month. He has accepted a position as Public Safety Director for the Sarasota Memorial Health Care System in Florida.
“It has been an honor to serve Governor Hogan and Lt. Governor Rutherford as part of their administration for the past four years,” Moyer said. “I am incredibly proud of the work we have done to enhance public safety in our state, and I am deeply grateful to my colleagues and the dedicated men and women of the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services who work hard every day to serve the people of Maryland.”
Hogan praised Moyer.
“Secretary Moyer has been a strong member of my executive team since day one, and was instrumental in fulfilling our administration’s pledge to root out prison corruption in the state system,” Hogan said. “I sincerely thank Secretary Moyer for his years of service to our administration and our state, and wish him the best of luck in his new position.”
An acting secretary will be named in the coming days.
***Division of Parole & Probation Offenders and Victims:***
***Facility Visiting Hours Change Notice(s)***
ECI’s East and West compounds hours.
Eastern Correctional Institution’s East and West compounds hours are permanently changed to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9AM-2:30PM
Inside the Fence Episode 8
- NEW PAROLE AND PROBATION DIRECTOR COMMANDS ARMY OF CARE- In her first job as a parole and probation agent in south Prince George’s County, Martha Danner got “bitten by the bug.” Armed with a ...Learn more
- A New Kind of Prison Gang Initiative- When filmmakers finished using a Jessup Correctional Institution van a few years back, then Security Chief Allen Gang instructed an officer to thoroughly search ...Learn more
- Rutherford Announces $378 Million for Baltimore Prison Treatment Center- Lt. Governor Boyd K. Rutherford Announces Funding for Opioid Crisis and Substance Use Disorder Services, New Commission Studying Mental and Behavioral Health Hogan Administration Increases Investments ...Learn more
- State Prisons Department Offers Sage Advice to the World- Bill Sage travels the world, from Kosovo to Nigeria, explaining the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services vast intelligence gathering network that ...Learn more
- Inmate Walks Off Glen Burnie Road Crew March 18, 2019
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Baltimore Inmate Walk Off January 16, 2019
- Criminal Sentencing Policy Commission Seeks Public Comments October 22, 2018
- Secretary Stephen Moyer on WBAL October 3, 2017
- The Long-Awaited Baltimore City Youth Detention Center to Open Doors October 3, 2017
National Human Trafficking Hotline — 24/7 Confidential
For more information on human trafficking in Maryland click here.