Queen Anne’s County Residents Can Get Free Trees
Partners to Provide Free Seedlings April 23-26
The Maryland Department of Natural Resources and Queen Anne’s County Forestry Board will hold their annual tree seedling giveaway program the week of April 22. These seedlings are available to the citizens of Queen Anne’s County as an educational effort promoting the planting of trees, in celebration of national Arbor Day on April 25.
County residents will receive a package containing bald cypress, common hackberry, redbud and white oak seedlings, which average 8 to 10 inches tall with bare roots. Trees are bagged and tagged by local high school students.
Quantities are limited and given out on a first-come, first serve basis. Seedlings will be available for pickup from Tuesday, April 23 through Friday, April 26 at the following locations and times:
- Barclay Town Office: 10 a.m. to noon
- Centreville District Court (DNR office): 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Centreville Town Office: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Church Hill Town Office: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Kent Island Library: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Queen Anne, 13501 Main St.: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Queen Anne’s County Soil and Water Conservation Office: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Queenstown Town Office: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sudlersville Town Office: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.