Queen Anne’s County Forestry Board Sponsoring Arbor Day Giveaway
Partners to Provide Free Seedlings
The Queen Anne’s County Forestry Board and Maryland Forest Service are having their annual tree seedling giveaway program April 24-27.
Free tree seedlings are available to county residents as an educational effort promoting tree-planting, just in time for National Arbor Day.
Four different tree species will be available this year: persimmon, red chokeberry, river birch and beauty berry.They are 1- or 2-years old and average 8 to 10 inches tall. Trees are bagged and tagged by local high school students.
The following are the tree distribution locations and the times for seedling pickup:
- Barclay Town Office: Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-noon
- Centreville Town Office: Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- 13501 Main St. Queen Anne: Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Church Hill Town Office: Tuesday-Friday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Department of Natural Resources Office, District Court Centreville: Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Kent Island Library: Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Queenstown Town Office: Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Queen Anne’s Soil & Water Conservation District Office: Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p. m.
- Sudlersville Town Office: Tuesday-Friday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
Maryland’s Arbor Day is always the first Wednesday in April and National Arbor Day is celebrated the last Friday in April making the entire month a tree-mendous celebration.