The Maryland State Police, College Park Barrack, Calls For Service/Arrest: 9/2/19-9/8/19
This press release is designed to inform the public of our commitment to ensuring safety and enforcing the laws in Maryland.
Our message this week is drive defensively. When you’re behind the wheel of a car – whether alone or with passengers – driving safely should always be your top concern. We’re more distracted than ever, so it’s crucial to know the basics of safe driving and practice them every time you’re on the road. Here are some safe driving tips:
- Keep 100% of your attention on driving at all times – no multi-tasking.
- Don’t use your phone or any other electronic device while driving.
- Slow down. Speeding gives you less time to react and increases the severity of an accident.
- Be aware of what other drivers around you are doing, and expect the unexpected.
- Assume other motorists will do something crazy, and always be prepared to avoid it.
- Maintain at least 1 car length for every 10mph between your vehicle and the vehicle in front.
Our family’s lives depend on it. (source:Nationwide Insurance website)
Reporting period 9/2/19-9/8/19
Vehicle collisions that required a report: 28
Vehicle collisions that did not require a report: 28
Community policing activity: 6
Disabled/unattended vehicles: 27
DUI arrests: 7
Premise checks: 10
Probable cause searches for drugs: 3
Traffic stops: 403
Vehicle storages: 2
Criminal/civil investigations: 11 (Drugs, Theft, Assault, Domestic Violence)
Below is a list of individuals that were arrested in this time period:
Date/Time: Last name: First name: Charge:
|09/02/2019 0225||Desper jr||Christopher||DUI|
|09/04/2019 1541||Alsup||Dominique||Marijuana -Less Than 10 Grams|
|09/05/2019 1704||Brooks||Rudolph||Marijuana -Less Than 10 Grams|
|09/06/2019 0518||Haines-Gaines||Brian||VIOLATE EXPARTE/PROTECTIVE ORDER|
|09/06/2019 1040||GASTON||JAMES||DIST/PWID FENTANYL/HEROIN MIX|
|09/08/2019 0112||Bonilla Merlos||Martha||DUI|
CONTACT: D/Sgt. Pietanza, Maryland State Police, College Park Barrack, (301)345-3101
(source:Nationwide Insurance website)