The Maryland State Police, College Park Barrack, Calls For Service/Arrest: 7/1/19-7/7/19
This press release is designed to inform the public of our commitment to ensuring safety and enforcing the laws in Maryland.
Our message this week is driving in the rain safely. During the summer months, a storm can hit the area it seems like in minutes with little or no warning. Here are a few tips to help you stay safe while driving in heavy rain:
1) Take your time and slow down. Slow down to avoid hydroplaning which could lead to losing control of your vehicle causing a collision.
2) Turn your headlights on. Turning on your headlights will help you see more clearly and it also helps other drivers see your vehicle. It is also Maryland law to turn on your headlights while operating your windshield wipers (TA 22-201.2).
3) Maintain a safe distance between vehicles. Leave plenty of room between you and the vehicle in front to slow down and/or change lanes safely to avoid a collision.
4) Double check your windshield and rear window wiper blades. Ensure these important pieces of equipment on your vehicle are well maintained and in good working order prior to a storm.
5) Watch out for standing water. During heavy rain storms, standing water on the roadway becomes an issue. Again, slow down and travel at a safe speed to avoid these types of dangers.
Our family’s lives depend on it.
Reporting period 7/1/19-7/7/19
Vehicle collisions that required a report: 20
Vehicle collisions that did not require a report: 34
Community policing activity: 2
Disabled/unattended vehicles: 15
DUI arrests: 11
Premise checks: 13
Probable cause searches for drugs: 5
Traffic stops: 298
Vehicle storages: 2
Criminal/civil investigations: 5 (Drugs, Theft, Assault, Domestic Violence)
Below is a list of individuals that were arrested in this time period:
Date/Time: Last name: First name: Charge:
|07/02/2019 2133||Montiel Pacheco||Jose||Warrant|
|07/03/2019 1359||Chavarria ecute||Elias||DUI|
|07/05/2019 1020||Proctor||Deborah||DUI, CDS:POSSESS-NOT MARIJUANA|
|07/05/2019 1401||Carpenter||Michael||DUI, CR 5 602(2) – CR 5 602(2) : CDS:POSS W/INTENT DIST: NARC,1 1110 – CR, 5 601 : CDS: ADMIN – NOT MARIJUANA,5 3555 – CR, 5-619(c)(2)(II) : CDS:POSSESS PARAPHERNALIA/SUBSEQUENT OFFENDER|
|07/05/2019 1700||Martinez Sandoval||Mynor||1 2405 – CR, 7-205 : MOTOR VEHICLE RENTED/LEASED: FAIL TO RETURN|
|07/07/2019 0717||Solis Gomez||Miguel||DUI|
CONTACT: D/Sgt. Pietanza, Maryland State Police, College Park Barrack, (301)345-3101