Maryland State Police To Participate In National Night Out Events
(PIKESVILLE, Md.) – Maryland state troopers will join communities and other law enforcement agencies across the state on Tuesday, August 7, 2018 in support of National Night Out.
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live.
Communities from Western Maryland to the Baltimore region to the Eastern Shore and Southern Maryland have a variety of events planned for National Night Out. From block parties and festivals to parades, cookouts and other community events, neighborhoods are reaching out to Maryland State Police and other law enforcement agencies as a part of this collaborative effort.
Citizens who attend a National Night Out event in their respective communities will have the chance to interact with troopers and learn ways to help make their neighborhood a safer place to live. Since the inaugural event in 1984, National Night Out has grown from 2.7 million Americans participating in 400 communities in 23 states to more than 37 million people and 15,000 communities from all 50 states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities and military bases worldwide.
Maryland State Police will be at the following National Night Out events:
- Maple Lawn Park, 7625 Maple Lawn Blvd., Fulton, Md., 6-9 p.m.
- Thurmont Police Department, 800 E. Main Street, Thurmont, Md., 6-7:30 p.m.
- Walkersville Fire Co., 79 W. Frederick St., Frederick, Md., 6-7:30 p.m.
Bel Air Barrack:
- Aberdeen Target, 1025 Middleton Road in Aberdeen, Md.
- Salisbury City Park, 521 S. Park Drive, Salisbury, Md. 5 to 8 p.m. Troopers will also visit events throughout Salisbury, Delmar and Fruitland.
North East Barrack:
- North East United Methodist Church, 308 S. Main Street, North East, Md.
- Meadow Park, Elkton, Md.
- Hampstead Fire Department, 1341 N. Main Street, Hampstead, Md., 6-9 p.m.
- Manchester Carnival Grounds, 3297 York Street, Manchester, Md., 5-8:30 p.m.
- Taneytown Carnival Grounds, 49 Memorial Drive, Taneytown, Md. 6-8 p.m.
- Sykesville Fire Department, 6690 Sykesville Road, Sykesville, Md., 6-9 p.m.
- New Windsor Carnival Grounds, 101 High Street, New Windsor, Md., 6:30-8:30 p.m.
La Plata Barrack:
- Partnering with Charles County Sheriff’s Office and LaPlata Police Department to attend events throughout Charles County.
- Partnering with St. Michael’s Police Department, Easton Police Department, and Ridgely Police Department. Events scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Troopers will be attending events in New Carrollton, Bowie and Capitol Heights
- Paradise Community Association, Emanuel United Methodist Church, 6517 Frederick Road, Catonsville, Md., 6 to 8 p.m.
- Troopers will be attending events in Olney, Gaithersburg and Kentlands
- 7894 Tall Pinces Court, Glen Burnie, Md., 6-7:30 p.m.
- Fort George G. Meade, Fort Meade, Md., 5-9 p.m.
- Troopers will be participating in events at Fort Meade and in Annapolis
College Park Barrack:
- Troopers will be attending multiple events in Prince George’s County.
Golden Ring Barrack:
- Paradise Community Association, Emanuel United Methodist Church, 6517 Frederick Road, Catonsville, Md., 6-8 p.m.
- Chartley Shopping Center, 106 Chartley Drive, Resiterstown, Md., 6:30-9 p.m.
- Troopers will be participating in events in Centreville, Sudlersville and Grassonville, 6-8 p.m.
Prince Frederick Barrack:
- Breezy Point Citizens Association, Meadow Lane, 6-8 p.m.
- Bayside Forest, Common Beach Area, Cassell Blvd., 6 p.m.
- Collaborative for Children & Youth, HEB Community Center, 901 Dares Beach Road, Prince Frederick, Md., 6-8 p.m.
- Calvert Pines Senior Apartments, 450 West Dares Beach Road, Prince Frederick, 5-7 p.m.
- Carroll Western U.M. Church, 2325 Adelina Road, Prince Frederick, Md., 5 p.m.
- Chesapeake Ranch Estates Club House, 500 Clubhouse Drive, Lusby, Md., 6-8 p.m.
- College Station Common Area at the end of Baythorne Road, Prince Frederick, Md., 6 p.m.
- Dares Beach Civic Association, Rt. 402, Prince Frederick, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- East-John Youth Center, 11835 Mill Bridge Road, Lusby, Md., 6-8 p.m.
- Long Beach & Calvert Beach Civic Association Community Center, 5845 Calvert Boulevard, St. Leonard, Md., 6 p.m.
- Huntingtown Citizens Association, 4300 Hunting Creek Road, Huntingtown, Md., 6-8 p.m.
- Lower Marlboro Fellowship Hall, Lower Marlboro, Md., 6:30 p.m.
- The Meadows, 7110 Persimmon Lane, Owings, Md., 5 p.m.
- Oakland Hall, Oakland Hall Rd., Prince Frederick, Md., 6-8
- Patuxent Palisades Civic Association (Pond right off of Lyons Creek Road Dunkirk, 6
- Prince Frederick Village, 340 Fair Grounds Road, Prince Frederick, Md., 5:30-8 p.m.
- Symphony Woods (Cul-de-sac at the end of Colton Court), Prince Frederick, Md., 6 p.m.
- Timberneck, 2062 Timberneck Drive, Owings, Md., 7 p.m.
- Town of North Beach, North Beach Waterfront, 6-8 p.m.
- Victoria Estates, Victoria Lane cul-de-sac, 6 p.m.
- Sunderland Western Shores Community Beach, 3810 S. Shore Drive, Port Republic, Md., 7 p.m.
- White Sands Civic Association, 8285 Sycamore Road, Lusby, Md., 6-8 p.m.
- Yardley Hills, 700 Yardley Drive, Prince Frederick, Md., 6-8 p.m.
- Troopers will be participating in events in Berlin, Ocean Pines, Snow Hill and Pocomoke
Princess Anne Barrack:
- Garland Hayward Youth Center, 30660 Hampden Ave, Princess Anne, Md.
- Country Club Mall, 1262 Vocke Road, La Vale, Md.
***Specialized units, including K-9, Motor Unit, Automotive Safety Enforcement Division, Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division, Underwater Recovery Team and the STATE team will also be at various events throughout the state.
CONTACT: Ron Snyder
Office of Media Communications, 410-653-4236