Sign up to subscribe
2018 Scheduled School Safety Training Events
Sponsored by the Maryland Center for School Safety, as of 03/01/2018
March 13th, 14th, and 15th
– Maryland School Safety 2018 Initiative with Safe and Sound. Michele Gay has assembled a team to present three full-day workshops in three distinct geographic regions of the State on “Recovering the School Community from Crisis.” The presenting team consists of Michele Gay, Co-Founder and Executive Director of Safe and Sound, Lisa Hamp, a Virginia Tech survivor, Dr. CJ Huff, former Superintendent of the Joplin, MO schools, Kiki Leyba, Columbine teacher and survivor, Dr. Melissa Reeves, Immediate Past President of the National Association of School Psychologists, and John MacDonald, Executive Director of Safety, Security, and Emergency Planning for Jefferson County Schools, Colorado.
March 13 – Worcester County Registration: Registration link
March 14, Carroll County Registration: Registration link
March 21st – 22nd
Behavioral Threat Assessment Training in Montgomery Co. (100 slots total). Presented by Gene Deisinger, Ph.D., Principal & Co-Founder of SIGMA Threat Management Associates, LLC.
– The Center is sponsoring a One-Day Working Meeting / Summit for all 24 public school districts and private school partners (Annapolis – National Guard Armory).
April 9th -10th
ALICE Train the Trainer program sponsored by the Maryland Center for School Safety (100 slots)(Seton Keough School). Registration site forthcoming.
– The Briefings: Resiliency and Recovery after a School Crisis – sponsored by the Virginia Center for School and Campus Safety, Maryland Center for School Safety, and Koshka, a non-profit focused on improved school and campus safety founded by Virginia Tech survivor Kristina Anderson (Alexandria, VA).
Behavioral Threat Assessment Training (100 slots total)(location TBD within Central MD). Presented by Gene Deisinger, Ph.D., Principal & Co-Founder of SIGMA Threat Management Associates, LLC.
– The Center is co-sponsoring a training for School Safety and Security Directors for Gang Awareness with MSDE hosted at MCAC.
– The Center is presenting Michele Gay and Dan Jewiss from Sandy Hook on the Aftermath of Tragedy (evening presentation – community outreach) in conjunction with St. Mary’s County Public Schools.
– The Center, in conjunction with St. Mary’s County Public Schools will be holding a presentation for Administrators, Executives and Law Enforcement Officers with Michele Gay and Dan Jewiss – Lessons Learned from Sandy Hook and Recovery from School Related Trauma.
May 15th, 16th, and 17th
– Frank DeAngelis, former Principal of Columbine High School will be giving three evening presentations across the State for parents, teachers and high school students who wish to attend.
August 13th – 14th
– The Center hosts its annual School Safety Conference in Annapolis, MD, which gathers attendees from across the State including law enforcement, school security, school psychologists, guidance counselors, administrators, and teachers.
MSDE and the Maryland Center for School Safety will update this list as necessary. For more information, contact Ed Clarke, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.