Training Dates for 2015 Maryland Farmers Market Nutrition Programs Announced
ANNAPOLIS, MD – The Maryland Department of Agriculture has announced 2015 training dates for the Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP), Seniors Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) and Fruit & Vegetable Check (FVC).
Any farmers or markets new to FMNP, SFMNP or the FVC must take the training to participate in the program this market season. Anyone who took training prior to 2013 is also required to attend to participate in these programs. Once completed, the training it is good for three years.
The sessions are free but registration is required. All participants, except those in Garrett and Allegany County, must RSVP here: https://mdamarketing.wufoo.com/forms/2015-fmnpsfmnpfvc-training/
- March 24 – Conference call & webinar. 10 a.m. to noon. This is a dual MD/DC training.
- March 27 – Prince Georges County: Soil Conservation Office, 5301 Marlboro Race Track Road, Suite 100, Upper Marlboro. 10 a.m. to noon. This is a dual MD/DC training.
- April 2 – St. Mary’s County: Charlotte Hall Library, 37600 New Market Road, Charlotte Hall. 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- April 7 – Howard County Fairgrounds Board Room, 2210 Fairgrounds Road, West Friendship. 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- April 22 – Frederick Business Employment Center, 5340A Spectrum Drive, Frederick. 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- April 23 – Washington County Ag Center, 7313 Sharpsburg Pike, Boonsboro. 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- May 5 – Montgomery County Department of Economic Development, Agricultural Services Division, 18410 Muncaster Road, Derwood. 10 a.m. to Noon. This is a dual MD/DC training
- May 5 – Allegany County Fair Grounds, Multi-purpose building,11490 Moss Avenue, C 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- May 19 – Garrett County Extension Office, 1916 Maryland Highway, Suite A Lake Park. 6:00 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- June 4 – Queen Anne’s County: Wye Research & Education Center. 124 Wye Narrows Drive, 10 a.m. to noon.
- June 8 – Queen Anne’s County: Wye Research & Education Center. 124 Wye Narrows Drive, 10 a.m. to Noon.
- June 16 – Wicomico County: One Stop Job Market Building. 31901 Tri County Way, Room #025, Salisbury. 12:30 p.m. to 2:30pm.
If you have trouble signing up through the links, contact Shelby Watson at MDA at 410-841-5776 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If fewer than five people sign up for a certain session, it may be cancelled. If so, cancellation will be determined 48 hours prior to the session, and any other attendees will be notified by email and/or phone. (The only exception will be Garrett and Allegany counties.)
# # #