- Governor Larry Hogan Attends Project C.O.R.E. Demolition in Baltimore City
- Governor Larry Hogan Announces Project C.O.R.E. Awardees in Baltimore City
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development Partners With Wicomico County for New Homeownership Initiative
- Strategic Demolition Fund and Community Legacy Awards Will Benefit Communities Across the State
- Mortgage Late? Don’t Wait! Workshop Coming to Eastern Shore For the First Time Ever
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Frostburg a Frontrunner for Small Business Revolution Makeover
Frostburg, a Main Street Maryland community in Allegany County, stands to win a $500,000 Main Street Makeover and a featured spot in a Hulu documentary series from Small Business Revolution on Main Street, sponsored by Deluxe Corporation, a small business growth and resource center. Frostburg was selected as one of eight semi-finalists out of nearly 14,000 applicants in fall 2016.
If selected, Deluxe Corporation’s Amanda Brinkman, entrepreneur Robert Herjavec from ABC’s show Shark Tank, and Deluxe’s professional marketing team will select six small businesses within the downtown district to offer services and materials for branding, marketing, and accounting to give small business owners the tools they need to succeed. In addition to these services, Deluxe will work with City leaders to select public improvement projects within the downtown to spruce it up. The Small Business Revolution’s journey in Frostburg will be documented in an eight episode documentary series available on Hulu and on their website.
The top five finalists will be announced on February 9. From there, voting will be open until February 16. Vote once a day per device and per browser at smallbusinessrevolution.org.To learn more about how Frostburg has made it this far in the contest, visit their Q & A page at http://www.downtownfrostburg.com/people/smallbusinessrevolution/. Follow their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages for updates on the contest. Contact FrostburgFirst at 301-689-6900 with voting questions.