To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.
- Governor Larry Hogan Attends Groundbreaking Ceremony for HELP Veterans Village at Perry Point VA Medical Center
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Application Round for State Revitalization Programs
- Maryland Mortgage Program Announces Annual Award Winners
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development Partners With Montgomery County for New Homeownership Program
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development Announces Awards for Affordable Rental Housing
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Programs Available for Ellicott City Flood Disaster
During the July 30 flash floods, downtown Ellicott City sustained severe damage to its historic Main Street. Despite the severity, the residents of Howard County have shown a profound level of strength and perseverance during this catastrophic time. To assist with the recovery, the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development has several programs available to assist the affected businesses and residents.
Ellicott City has requested funding for façade improvement through the Community Legacy Program, and the department will work with the city in order to increase funding based on damage assessments. Additionally, the department will extend Ellicott City’s application deadline for the Strategic Demolition Fund to enable assistance if needed for this program.
“Our department has a long and successful history of partnership with Ellicott City, particularly through our neighborhood revitalization programs,” said Secretary Kenneth C. Holt. “We will continue to strengthen this partnership as we work together to support business owners and residents during their recovery efforts in the wake of this tragic disaster.”
In addition to Community Legacy funds, the department is offering assistance through its Disaster Relief Housing Program, WholeHome (Maryland Housing Rehabilitation Program), Maryland Disaster Housing Assistance Program, Strategic Demolition Fund, Main Street Maryland, and Maryland Business Recovery.
For more information on available assistance, visit http://dhcd.maryland.gov/Communities/Pages/Ellicott-City-Recovery.aspx.