To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development Announces Community Development Block Grant Awards as Part of Homelessness Initiative
- Governor Larry Hogan and First Lady Yumi Hogan Visit Helping Up Mission
- Lead poisoning in Maryland drops to lowest recorded level, testing increases in first year of state initiative
- Hogan Administration Awards Over $18 Million in Neighborhood Revitalization Funds
- Hogan Administration Announces $490,000 in Community Services Block Grant Awards
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Federal, State and Local Housing Officials Celebrate Opening of Senior Rental Housing in Silver Spring
Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development Secretary Kenneth C. Holt joined Montgomery County Executive Isiah “Ike” Leggett, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s District of Columbia Field Office Director Marvin Turner, and other development partners to celebrate the ribbon cutting and grand opening of the Bonifant at Silver Spring. Sponsored by the Montgomery Housing Partnership and the Donahoe Development Company, the Bonfiant is a newly constructed, 11-story, high-rise residential apartment building located next to the new Silver Spring Library and a future Purple Line metro station that will provide 149 units of affordable rental housing for active, independent seniors. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development provided $1,127,972 in federal Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, $22 million in tax-exempt short-term bonds, and a $3,583,340 loan through the Rental Housing Works program.
For more information, visit http://www2.montgomerycountymd.gov/mcgportalapps/Press_Detail.aspx?Item_ID=15214