- Governor Hogan Announces $10 Million in Relief for Live Entertainment Venues
- Governor Hogan Announces Nearly $17 Million in Neighborhood Revitalization Awards
- Governor Hogan Announces $192.9 Million in Additional Emergency Rental Assistance Awards to Local Jurisdictions
- UPDATE: Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development Announces Fiscal Year 2022 Application Round for State Revitalization Programs
- Maryland Mortgage Program Recognizes Top Lender and Realtor Partners
DHCD Announces New Funding, Streamlined Application for Local Governments and Nonprofit Groups
A key goal for Governor Larry Hogan is to make Maryland state government more user friendly, with a greater emphasis on customer service. Taking this to heart, DHCD has consolidated three programs into a single Operating Assistance Grants application for the current fiscal year: the Main Street Improvement Assistance Program, the new Nonprofit Assistance Fund and the Technical Assistance Grant.
With applications due Oct. 29, available program funds total $900,000. The programs are:
- Main Street Improvement Program: $150,000. This program was last offered in 2008.
- Nonprofit Assistance Fund: $600,000. This is a new program.
- Technical Assistance Grant: $150,000
As long as the applicant meets program eligibility requirements, they may submit an application for funding from each program.
“Local governments and nonprofits need operating funds in order to carry out their economic development and revitalization priorities,” Secretary Kenneth C. Holt said. “Through the new Operating Assistance Grants program, DHCD is providing support for critical projects that will expand economic opportunities within local communities, and change Maryland for the better.”
Applicant organizations must serve communities that include designated Sustainable Community areas http://www.mdhousing.org/Website/Programs/dn/communities.aspx and projects or initiatives themselves align with local Sustainable Community Action Plans.
To obtain an Operating Assistance Grants application, applicants MUST register via DHCD’s Project Portal System http://projectportal.dhcd.state.md.us. If your nonprofit or local government is already a registered user, once logged in, you can access the application by selecting “Operating Assistance Grants” from the “My Opportunities” tab.