UPDATE: Maryland ‘Healthy Soils’ Workshops Rescheduled for April
ANNAPOLIS, MD – The Adaptation and Response Work Group of the Maryland Commission on Climate Change has re-scheduled its regional “Healthy Soils” workshops for April 21 at Chesapeake College in Wye Mills, and April 26 at Frederick Community College in Frederick. See flyer for more details.
Besides focusing on healthy soil science and practices, the workshop will provide information on the guidelines and application process for a $100,000 Innovation Technology grant that will be awarded for projects dealing with the integration of nutrient reductions with climate change adaptation.
The events are free, but registration is requested via e-mail: Phillip Stafford at the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Susan Payne at the Maryland Department of Agriculture, susan.payne @maryland.gov.
The agenda is the same for both workshops:
- 8:30 -9:00, Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00-9:10, Welcome and Introduction; Susan Payne, Maryland Department of Agriculture
- 9:10-10:10, Dishing More Dirt on the Science of Soils; Dr. Sara Via, University of Maryland Extension
- 10:10-10:20, Break
- 10:20-11:20, An Awesome and Interactive Look at Healthy Soils; Dean Cowherd and Carl Robinette, USDA NRCS
- 11:20-11:50, $100,000 Opportunity through the Innovative Technology Grant Program; Ronnie Gist, Maryland Industrial Partnerships
- 11:50-12:00, Closing
# # #
Follow Maryland Department of Agriculture on Twitter @MdAgDept