Training Dates for 2016 Maryland Farmers Market Nutrition Programs Announced
ANNAPOLIS, MD – The Maryland Department of Agriculture has announced 2016 training dates for the Farmers Market Nutrition Program , Seniors Farmers Market Nutrition Program and Fruit & Vegetable Check .
Any farmers or markets new to the Nutrition Programs must take the training to participate in the program this market season. Anyone who took training prior to 2014 is also required to attend to participate in these programs. Once completed, the training it is good for three years.
The sessions are free but registration is required. All participants must RSVP here.
For more information or assistance, please contact Shelby Watson Hampton at (410) 841-5776 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 1 – 6 p.m., Garrett County: Garrett Co. UMD Extension Office, 1916 Maryland Hwy, Suite A, Mt. Lake Park
- March 3 – 6:30 p.m. Allegany County: Allegany County Fairground, Expo Building 11490 Moss Avenue, Cumberland
- March 15 – 3 p.m., Anne Arundel County: Training will be incorporated into the Annual Farmers Market Conference at the Maryland Department of Agriculture. 50 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis. The conference is from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., and the Nutrition Program training will take place at 3 p.m. Lunch will be included in the conference and there will be a $30 cost per person for full day conference attendance. This is a dual Maryland/D.C. training. Registration for this event will open on February 15 and will be available on the Department’s website.
- March 21 – 1 p.m., St. Mary’s County: Charlotte Hall Library, 37600 New Market Road, Charlotte Hall
- March 22 – 10 a.m. Howard County: Howard County Fairgrounds Board Room – 2210 Fairgrounds Rd, West Friendship
- March 23 – Two Sessions: 10 a.m., 12 p.m., Baltimore County: Baltimore County Agricultural Center, 1114 Shawan Road, Cockeysville
- March 29 – 10 a.m., Queen Anne’s County: Wye Research & Education Center, 124 Wye Narrows Drive, Queenstown
- March 29 – 2 p.m., Caroline County: USDA Denton Office, 9194 Legion Rd, Denton
- Mach 30 – 10 a.m., Wicomico County: 31901 Tri County Way, Room #025, Salisbury
- April 4 – Two Sessions: 9 a.m., 12 p.m., Carroll County: Carroll County Economic Development Office, 225 N Center St #101, Westminster
- April 5 – 1 p.m., Frederick County: Frederick Business Employment Center, 5340A Spectrum Drive, Frederick
- April 11 – 10 a.m., St. Mary’s County: Charlotte Hall Library, 37600 New Market Road, Charlotte Hall
- April 11 – 2 p.m. Prince George’s County: Soil Conservation Office, 5301 Marlboro Race Track Road,
- Suite 100, Upper Marlboro, This is a dual MD/DC training.
- April 12 – 10 a.m., Cecil County: Cecil County Economic Development Building, 200 Chesapeake Blvd #2700, Elkton
- April 15 – 10 a.m. Montgomery County: Department of Economic Development, Agricultural Services Division, 18410 Muncaster Road, Derwood, This is a dual MD/DC training.
- April 19 – Two Sessions: 10 a.m., 1 p.m. Conference Calls with Webinar: This is a dual MD/DC training.
- April 22 – Two Sessions: 12 p.m., 3 p.m., Conference Calls with Webinar: This is a dual MD/DC training.
- April 28 – 6 p.m., Conference Call with Webinar: This is a dual MD/DC training.
# # #
Follow Maryland Department of Agriculture on Twitter @MdAgDept