Exciting Exhibits and Expanded Schedule Set for Maryland State Fair
Natural Resources Hosting Live Demonstrations and Programs
The birds are back! The Maryland Department of Natural Resources is pleased to announce that their feathered friends from the popular Scales and Tales Program will return to the Timonium Fairgrounds this year for the Maryland State Fair (Aug. 26-Sept. 5).
Stop by the Mosner Miller building to see the majestic birds of prey or some of our other exhibitors, including the Chesapeake and Coastal Service, Forest Service, Natural Resources Police, Wildlife and Heritage Service, and the Maryland Department of the Environment. New this year, the Fisheries Service will be offering some Spanish-language information to anglers.
“The state fair provides a prominent venue where the public can engage and interact with our professionals and programs,” Natural Resources Secretary Mark Belton said. “We look forward to the opportunity to amaze, educate and enlighten. The department’s diverse programming, featuring birds, crabs, dogs and more should delight fairgoers, young and old alike.”
In addition to the fixed displays and exhibits, the department will host live programs on the Carolina Carport Stage:
- Maryland Park Service will provide live Scales and Tales programs on:
- Aug. 27 at 12, 2 and 4 p.m.
- Aug. 28 at 12, 2 and 4 p.m.
- Sept. 3 at 5 p.m.
- Sept. 4 at 1 and 3 p.m.
- Sept. 5 at 12, 2 and 4 p.m.
- Natural Resources Police will provide water safety presentations on:
- Aug. 27 at 11 a.m.
- Aug. 28 at 11 a.m.
- Chesapeake Search Dogs will provide canine demonstrations on:
- August 28 at 1 and 3 p.m.
- Wildlife and Heritage will perform hunter safety programs on:
- Sept. 3 at 11 a.m.
- Sept. 4 at 11 a.m.
- Natural Resources Police canine handlers and their dogs will conduct a meet-and–greet each Sat. and Sun. from 2 to 4 p.m.
Exhibit hours for the Department of Natural Resources are 2-8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Sundays and Labor Day Monday. Live animal displays will run from 2-7 p.m. daily. The fairgrounds are located at 2200 York Road in Timonium, Md.