Fort Frederick State Park to Host Civil War Reenactments
Visitors will take a journey back in time to the American Civil War with reenactors demonstrating what daily life was like for soldiers stationed along the Potomac fighting to control the vital river corridor.
Highlights of the event include:
- Fort Frederick in the Civil War, Saturday at 11 a.m. & Sunday at 10 a.m.
- Military Drills for Children, 11:30 a.m. both days
- Skirmish Demonstration, 12 p.m. both days
- The 116th Ohio Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War, 1 p.m. both days
- Maryland Farmers during the Civil War, 1:30 p.m. both days
- Partisans and Guerillas, Saturday at 3 p.m. & Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Field Medicine & Citizen Relief Organizations, Saturday at 4 p.m. & Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Military Drill Demonstrations, Saturday at 10 a.m.; 2 p.m. & Sunday at 10:30 a.m.; 3 p.m.
Disabled access is available; however, most of the event activities are situated on grassy areas that may present difficult rolls or walks. Food, gift, and souvenir items will be available for sale at Captain Wort’s Sutler Shop. Click here for Fort Frederick State Park’s full calendar of events.