To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.
- Hogan Administration Announces $3 Million Expansion of Maryland SmartBuy Program
- Maryland Announces Selection of State’s New Opportunity Zones
- First Lady Yumi Hogan Celebrates Keep Maryland Beautiful; Launches New Anti-Litter Ad Campaign
- Governor Larry Hogan Announces Latest Phase of Project C.O.R.E. Initiative
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development Announces Fiscal Year 2019 Application Round for State Revitalization Programs
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Governor Larry Hogan and First Lady Yumi Hogan Visit Helping Up Mission
ANNAPOLIS, MD – Governor Larry Hogan and First Lady Yumi Hogan, along with Baltimore City Mayor Catherine Pugh, today visited Helping Up Mission in Baltimore City for a ribbon cutting celebrating the center’s newly renovated commercial kitchen and dining hall. The governor, first lady, and mayor also served the first meals from the refurbished kitchen, which included cucumber salad and traditional Korean pork bulgogi made from the first lady’s recipes.
The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) provided $1.4 million through the Shelter and Transitional Housing Facilities Grant Program to support the substantial renovation of Helping Up Mission’s shelter to accommodate for future growth. The kitchen and dining room are components of a larger campus that includes 210 emergency shelter beds for homeless adults in addition to other supportive service space. In total, Helping Up Mission provides housing, services, and nearly 1,200 meals daily to approximately 500 men who are homeless and battling alcoholism, drug addiction, or mental illness.
# # #