To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.
- Maryland Announces Selection of State’s New Opportunity Zones
- First Lady Yumi Hogan Celebrates Keep Maryland Beautiful; Launches New Anti-Litter Ad Campaign
- Governor Larry Hogan Announces Latest Phase of Project C.O.R.E. Initiative
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development Announces Fiscal Year 2019 Application Round for State Revitalization Programs
- Lt. Governor Boyd Rutherford Distributes Meal Kits in Calvert County
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Maryland SmartBuy Featured on NBC Nightly News
The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development’s homebuying initiative, Maryland SmartBuy, was profiled on NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt on February 26. SmartBuy allows qualified borrowers with student debt to purchase a selected home made available through the department. The buyer receives relief of student loan debt up to 15 percent of the total cost of the home, and also gets to take advantage of the Maryland Mortgage Program’s competitive fixed interest rates, along with additional down payment and closing cost assistance. Watch the video here: http://nbcnews.to/2lOg0G1.