To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.
- Lead poisoning in Maryland drops to lowest recorded level, testing increases in first year of state initiative
- Hogan Administration Awards Over $18 Million in Neighborhood Revitalization Funds
- Hogan Administration Announces $490,000 in Community Services Block Grant Awards
- Hogan Administration Celebrates Over 1,000 Blighted Properties Removed Through Project C.O.R.E.
- Keep Maryland Beautiful Grant Applications Now Being Accepted
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Maryland SmartBuy Featured on NBC Nightly News
The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development’s homebuying initiative, Maryland SmartBuy, was profiled on NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt on February 26. SmartBuy allows qualified borrowers with student debt to purchase a selected home made available through the department. The buyer receives relief of student loan debt up to 15 percent of the total cost of the home, and also gets to take advantage of the Maryland Mortgage Program’s competitive fixed interest rates, along with additional down payment and closing cost assistance. Watch the video here: http://nbcnews.to/2lOg0G1.